School Counselor’s Creed
Carroll counselors value each and every student that walks through our doors, so we will:
- Communicate to every student we meet that each is special and precious in our eyes.
- Encourage and support the students when they feel despair.
- Correct gently and point them in a direction that is true to their own life spirit.
- Parent those who need it and befriend those who have lost faith in adults.
- Keep our promises to them.
- Be there when everyone else loses heart and turns away from them.
- Point their eyes to their own beautiful selves.
- Affirm every creative part that emanates from their mouths and their actions.
- Believe in students’ dreams and persist in assisting them to imagine what some say is impossible.
- See miracles that they perform in everyday tasks at home and at school
- Remind the students that they can get along with each other no matter what the problem.
- Give the students we meet each day a chance to be happy, successful, and caring people.
- Love the students always.
CCISD Board Policy States that:
“Student-initiated schedule changes to add or drop a course will only be considered if requested during the first five school days of instruction of a course in grades 6–12.”
“Dropping a course is considered a schedule change. Any high school credit course dropped by a student after the third week of school will result in agrade of 69.”
“UIL requirements specify that for UIL participation, no student can be dropped or transferred from a course with a failing average later than the end of the fourth week of a reporting period without it being considered a failing grade for extracurricular activity eligibility purposes. This applies to administrator, teacher, student, and parent-initiated schedule changes.”
"Parent-initiated requests for class or teacher changes will be considered according to the guidelines listed below:
- # of students in the classroom
- Teacher/pupil ratios
- Number of classes/sections available
- Impact on campus schedules, instructional programs, or instructional organization
- Impact on the assignment or reassignment of another student
- Additional reasons determined by the principal
- Time of the year in which the request is made"